One-Day Old Student Vipassana Meditation Sitting
One-day sittings are not conducted by an assistant teacher.
These one-day sittings consists of
consecutive one-hour sittings. Group sitting tapes will be
played for each hour. Metta and a short discourse will be
played during the last hour. As with one-day courses,
participants must have completed at least one ten-day
course with S.N. Goenka or his assistant teachers. You are
welcome to come for any part of the time, i.e., for an hour,
several hours or for the full day.
As with all Vipassana courses,
donations are the only source of funding.
- Prior registration is not required.
- Bring a cushion, floor mat, and non-perishable vegetarian lunch for yourself.
- Please arrive on time so that you do not disturb others.
- There is a 10 minute break after each sitting. If you
are coming part-time, please try to arrive during this break period or during the lunch break.
- Please do not enter or leave the meditation hall during
If you are interested in serving a
one-day course or sitting in your locality, or if you would
like more information about giving Dhamma service in your
locality, please complete the
and a service coordinator will contact you.